My Wonderful Visitors

.

For free BLOGGING SEMINARS AND TUTORIALS, click the tabs below. I am sorry, but I am not available for personal blogging questions as I am writing full-time and my work takes precedence.

.

.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Wish Box--“Your Heart’s Desire" For Brag Monday, Dezinaworld, and A Glimpse of Beautiful






This mixed media piece was created from a cigar box for
Brag Monday on the Graphics Fairy,
the “Gold and Lace” Challenge at Dezinaworld
and A Glimpse of Beautiful!

Last week, my friend Donna from My Shabby Chateau sent me the most awesome vintage music sheets and I couldn’t wait to use them. When I saw this pink hydrangea from the Graphics Fairy, I knew it had to go into my art. This was my opportunity! And I absolutely love this little girl from Jody at Home and Heart it wouldn’t be complete without her. I have been saving this gold heart for close to a year and when I saw “gold and lace” challenge, I knew that it needed to be incorporated into this piece.

This has been gessoed, inked, and mod podged. Whenever possible, some of the original papers from the cigar box were left exposed. While it is difficult to see in the photo, this piece was created in layers...nothing is laying flat, but rather, is built up with layers of mod podged paper....I used Tim Holtz “Stickles” for fairy dust and wishes coming true!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank ALL of you who have been praying for my husband...I appreciate it more than words can say. You are all unbelievable people with generous hearts.



Also, I have 2 winners who have won the giveaway...One is Tracy who won the Paris ATC and Jill who won the tag called "Precious!"





The Creative Spirit Challenge is still in effect until Sept 15th! Scroll down to link up if you'd like to join the party!

23 comments:

Jill Marcott-McCall ~Feathers & Flight~ said...

Love this Cindy! This is Beautiful!Perfect for Brag Monday!
Have a Wonderful Weekend!

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

You are too much. This is gorgeous...as usual!

Kim B said...

Pretty. A wish box :) Cute and very whimsical :)
Hugs,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. When I saw the title for a minute there I thought it was one of your link parties and I have to say, I didn't even blink knowing all too well what mine is--ONE HEART.

Hope Ralph is recovering well and you are getting some much needed rest. Peace your way.

Donna said...

What a gorgeous box! Glad to see you are enjoying using the sheet music!

Unknown said...

Soooo pretty. You are an inspiration as usual!!! I am glad to see you are still creating :)
Keep us posted about Hubby!!
XO
Roselle

cheryl said...

oh wow cindy,hun you really are such an inspiration sweetie the things you create are just magical,love hugs cheryl xxxx

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

OH Cindy...this is beautiful...I just LOVE it!!

Unknown said...

Hi Cindy. You're box is so gorgeous. Which is so typically you! I'm praying for you and the family Sweetie.

Hugs...Tracy :)

Jacque said...

Beautiful!

Kiss

Jacque

Junibears said...

This is so adorable Cindy. Just beautiful. This is the style I dream of. You are so artistic! I'm an old romantic at heart!
Glad you're both doing well, thank God.
Hugs
Junexx

Betty said...

Wow stunning box as is all your work, as i love vintage, seen your name on Deziaworld spot challenge so popped in to take a look, and you have a wonderful blog.
Betty x

Anonymous said...

I truly adore this box Cindy its stunning. your gold and lace work perfectly on it. Thanks for joining the challenge this week my friend and good luck
Hugs June xxxx

Faye said...

Gorgeous creation, Cindy.

Karen said...

WOW Cindy...this is really beautiful X

Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

Truly a gorgeous box Cindy!!! I hope you and your husband are doing well! I've been thinking about you.
Hugs,
Karen

Anitra Cameron said...

I Love it! Hoping your husband is doing well...

PS I voted for you over at Mind Wide Open!

Rachel Renee said...

Wow, Cindy, this is beautiful! (for lack of a better word!!) It is so pretty. I love it! York work is amazing!

Have a great day!
Renee

Patti said...

TOTALLY TOTALLY TOTALLY gorgeous. You did an amazing job.

I have alot of vintage music in my house...I discovered it in my piano bench...belonged to my great-grandmother. Are there any specific things you like? I'd be happy to send you some.

Also, did I tell you that my son uses cigar boxes in his work as well...wooden cigar boxes. He makes cigarbox guitars. Yes, he makes regular acoustic guitars, but he also makes cigarbox guitars...they have become quite the popular item.

I'm going to check out Mind Wide Open now.

Love,
Patti

LouAnneL said...

Hi Cindy! You do amazing work! Thank you for introducing me to this blog.

I'll send you an email right after dinner. I'd love to hear your idea!

Zue said...

Your work is really lovely, I can't believe I have only just found your blog!
Sue xx

Jaqi said...

Stunning work, I love it , cant stop looking at it , its beautiful

Barbara Jean said...

love that wish art piece!

I've missed a lot, or you have been really busy

hugs

bj