My Wonderful Visitors

.

For free BLOGGING SEMINARS AND TUTORIALS, click the tabs below. I am sorry, but I am not available for personal blogging questions as I am writing full-time and my work takes precedence.

.

.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

What This Woman Will Do For Art!


This evening, my husband and I took a drive...We were on a quest for "rust" objects and a friend of his had a "treasure chest" of sorts waiting for me at his place where he fixes cars and trucks. So, we drove away from our suburban neighborhood and left for the country--"Lousiana" country, that is, filled with the nicest folks you'll ever hope to meet.


"Goodbye" to manicured lawns and flower beds.


"Hello" to open spaces and mature trees.


We were now in "Bud" country!


Evidence of it was everywhere.


A girl's gotta do whatta girl's gotta do...


Then, as if by magic, there it was--a whole box of rust items that my husband's friend saved for me....nuts, bolts--all of which had gone through Hurricane Katrina--Once again, I was in "rust" heaven!


I didn't even think about taking a camera with me, but I knew I couldn't leave you all behind on my quest, so I whipped out my camera phone--Yeah!!! Hope you enjoyed the journey! Oh, and hope you enjoyed the "mood" music too! (I have no idea what I will make with it all...I'm hoping that Zuzu from Alter It Monthly will give me some hints!

11 comments:

the old white house said...

Sounds like a great adventure! Have fun creating, can't wait to see what you come up with! Theresa xoxo

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Good pictures for a camera phone, Cindy! Do you have plans in mind for those rusty pieces?

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

that's fun music. It looks like you hit the jackpot, can't wait to see some projects with these beauties.

Hearts Turned said...

Fabulous, Cindy! Thanks for letting me know--I DID giggle! Love the music--absolutely perfect! And congrats on the rusty stuff--lucky!

Julie

Marfi-topia said...

congratulations on all the rustys!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Sounds like a FUN day! Do you have projects planned for the goodies?

Jill Marcott-McCall ~Feathers & Flight~ said...

Hello Cindy!
What Wonderful Pictures!Looks like you had a Lovely Drive.
Hugs
Jill

Faye said...

Nice pix, Cindy. Looks a bit like where I live. We are in a subdivision but the subdivision is in a rural county. There's lots of rust around. Whatever do you do with it?

Anonymous said...

Oh Cindy, I cannot begin to imagine what you are up to with these. You are too much. You know me and music so I cannot help but say my favorite part of visiting today was that. LOVE IT!!!

Scrapping With Sherry said...

Your so funny! I have no doubt you will figure out something great!

Sherry

Leo said...

Great photos. Seems like you had a wonderful time...and that it was a beautiful day!!!