My Wonderful Visitors

.

For free BLOGGING SEMINARS AND TUTORIALS, click the tabs below. I am sorry, but I am not available for personal blogging questions as I am writing full-time and my work takes precedence.

.

.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Tag Tuesday and Rednesday


Here is a famous picture of the moment in Times Square when the end of WWII was announced. I found a story about the actual couple in it and have the web address at the bottom of this post if you would like to read the amazing story.

The theme for “Tag Tuesday” was to create a tag that had a calendar on it...That little prompt sent me on an all-day excursion through cyberspace looking for images because I had dreamed of doing “Pin Up” Girls of WWII--the year, 1943.


On this tag is an image of a seed packet for a Victory garden, WWII soldiers trudging up a hill, and of course, the Pin Up Girls (with a calendar behind them.) Even though there was a war raging, it seemed like simpler times--times when love was expressed in songs like “I’ll Be Seeing You.”

This was a nostalgic day for me even though it did not encompass my own memories, but rather, collective national memories of times that held some together and tore others apart...”Thank you” to the brave soldiers who adored their pin up girls and also to the brave women who waited home for their men and couldn’t wait to be in their arms. And thank you to those who didn’t make it home--Without all of you, we would not have been able to defeat such a monstrous enemy.

And with that, I am also hopeful that those of you reading this blog will remember our soldiers in combat right now in the Gulf.

If you would like to read the story behind the "kiss" picture, just click the link below.

http://www.projo.com/news/content/KISSING_SAILOR_FLOAT_07-03-09_8AETJF6_v37.3b3fa97.html

Thank you to June of Dezinaworld for the center image on my tag.
This is being linked up to Tag Tuesday and Rednesday.

32 comments:

Dragonlady said...

Hi Cindy

Impressive tag, love the collage and off to read the story.

Hugs Ali x

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I love this tag, Cindy! So graphic and nostalgic! Great post!

Sally Annie Magundy said...

I love your tag Cindy! (I enjoy the cyber hunt as well, looking for the right image!)

Happy Rednesday,
Sally

Netty said...

Just popped by to say Hi Cindy and wow what a brilliant tag. Its so much more interesting when you have researched it. Brill. xx

Lola said...

Wonderful tag, Cindy! And a very Happy Rednesday!

XOXO LOLA:)

PS Thanks too for following - very much appreciated!

Terry said...

Beautiful tag! Love the theme and that picture of the couple is such a moment in time! We are watching Pearl Harbor! Have a great day!

Brenda said...

So Glam Cindy! Love it :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy, wonderful sentiments and we had some returning soldiers locally today in the news. it does sober the mind and we are all grateful to all who have helped fight for peace and for our rights and those of other cultures. Your message is beautiful.
Love your collage tag my friend its so beautiful and thanks for using one of my images.
hugs to you
June xxxx

Anonymous said...

Oh, Cindy, now you're killing me. This vintage I LOVE. Sigh...GORGEOUS!!! Love how you've brought music back. I was looking for this EXACT song to add to my music player the other day but since I typically use instrumental versions, I haven't found the one I like yet. Reminds me of The Notebook. My son used to have that poster up at his college dorm. Amazing story.

Thanks for stopping by.

NanE said...

Great tag! It has such a wonderful, nostalgic feel to it! TFS, Nan

Patti said...

I love this post...and I love the tag. Of course, you knew I would, right, since I am totally in love with any and all things about the 1940's. I'll Be Seeing You is one of the songs on my MP3 player and one of the songs on my own blog playlist (Frank Sinatra/Tommy Dorsey version)

By the way, did you see Letters To Juliet? I've only seen it once, so I might be remembering wrongly, but I think the opening scene contains that very same photo.

Have a great day.

Love,
Patti

Jill Marcott-McCall ~Feathers & Flight~ said...

Hi Cindy!
I just Love your Tags! You do such Wonderful Work!
Beautiful!
Have a Wonderful Day!
Hugs;
Jill

Shanna said...

What a wonderful post! I enjoyed your gracious words of praise for our dear soldiers! I am planning to post this week about a vist to Florida. While I was there, I stumbled across a huge statue of this photo in Sarasota, Florida. Please stop by and take a peek at my blog. I will have the photo online in the next day or two. I have enjoyed exploring your blog and I am a new follower. Please visit me @ http://www.mommiesandbeyond.com

Scrapping With Sherry said...

Cindy~ What a great inspiring story! Art is really a very powerful thing isnt it. I am so grateful that it is a part of my life. Your work in amazing as usual!

Sherry

2amscrapper said...

What an absolutely wonderful blog post today--a subject near and dear to my heart--thanks for the link. And your project is stunning, truly capturing that moment in time. Thanks for the comment on my blog, too.

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Beautiful tag...the 1940s is one of my favorite decades :) :) :) Lots of style...super cool music, fashion, crazy fun hairdos...:) ): :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Evelyn S. said...

This tag is fabulous, Cindy! I love the variety of images and the way you've collaged them!

A 2 Z said...

Thanks for the visit Cindy! I`m from Rednesday and I've been looking at all your artwork. Its beautiful. I'm not sure what tags are and how you make them to show them on blogs but it is very stunning. Thanks for sharing.

Anne-Marie

A 2 Z said...

Hi Cindy,

My blog was created by The Blog Fairy. Her button is on the left margin at the bottom. I received some money for my birthday and decided to give myself a blog makeover LOL

Anne-Marie

Lyneen said...

FANTASTIC!!!!! great images, awesome tag!

Unknown said...

the tag is wonderful! I am always praying for the soldiers... i know several people that are there now and one who was hurt badly this Spring... Plus my dear cousin is out there. Blessings and thank you so much for sharing..Mica

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

A red dress is always a welcome addition! :)

Nigéa said...

Hi Cindy dear ! thank you so much for your comment on my blog, it makes my day :) I'm admiring your awesome art here, wow... beautiful ! I'm awfully busy so not much time blogging but I will have a look again soon, wish you a great happy day, hugs and love

Toyin O. said...

Hi Cindy,

I love the story behind this art work; great information. I will remember to pray for our soldiers in the Gulf. Thank you so much for your visit to my blog. It is lovely to meet you.

Love,

Toyin

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Love your WWII theme here, Cindy. A fabulous tag!!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a fantastic tag, love the images.

Unknown said...

What a Wonderful Tag.. Your collage work is wonderful.. I just love the image of you pin up girl...

Chris Arlington said...

Dear Cindy, just popping in to say hi. Beautiful tags and wonderful sentiment for Jolanda.

Erica said...

This is so cool! Love the vintage images.

Carola Bartz said...

Very cool tag - great idea!

Hellemor said...

This is so lovely and I adore the pin up girl. Great design.

Oxana said...

Stunning tag!!!