My Wonderful Visitors

.

For free BLOGGING SEMINARS AND TUTORIALS, click the tabs below. I am sorry, but I am not available for personal blogging questions as I am writing full-time and my work takes precedence.

.

.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

MMM and Dress Up 2010


Please Join My New Challenge--Sunday, August 8th



My piece for "Lost Loves" and Dress Up 2010


Hi Everyone--

When I was young, the first thing my mom did when we got back from shopping at a department store was tell me to go upstairs to my room and make sure to remove the pinned-on flowers from the dresses that she bought for me...She thought that they looked tacky, and maybe they did, but I’m not sure. Today at 85, my mom is still a true “fashion queen,” so I think maybe she was right. (If anyone needs fashion advice, they always call my mom.)

But, in honor of the omission of the embellishments in the past, I decided to make a dress that is full of them--flowers and all! (Pretty brave I thought considering this is polka dot!) Also, it is in honor of those “lost loves”--all the roses pinned to my dresses that were taken off in an effort to look stylish.

It was made with commercial papers and pink tulle fabric.
Dresses for January through July are posted on my sidebar....the yellow one isn't that yellow--it just photographed that way! lol

This is entered into the Mixed Media Monday Challenge--hugs to Diane!

This is entered into the Dress Up Challenge--hugs to Margaret!

Oh, and PLEASE see my post below about my Creative Spirit monthly challenge--It is coming up NEXT Sunday! (It is every month on the 8th!)

28 comments:

Victorian1885 said...

Love your dress! Don't Mother's always know best! lol.. Have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Wanda

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I really like your August dress. You really like those strapless wonders, don't you? Since you don't have to worry about a hanger, you can get away with it.

I am also pretty crazy about that April dress. I have a thing for birds. Of course, I thought the June dress looked like a summer picnic and with a flower, to boot.

You did a super job catching up. I'm totally impressed and can barely wait till next next for the next installation. What a clever idea, putting their pics on your sidebar, too.

Chris Arlington said...

Gorgeous Cindi!
By the way Cuttlebug has a new flower quilling set that you die cut first with your die cut machine. If you are interested let me know I'll tell you more about technique. Lousy instructions, my way is easier.

Charlene said...

Love the colors in your dress! I see you, like me, found this challenge late and are playing catch up with the Dress Up! Good job! By the way, I am in awe of your Paris dress!

Nancy said...

These are all such beautiful dresses Cindy, and I Love the story about your Mom!!!

xoxo Nancy

peggy gatto said...

Lovely!!!
the birds are just wonderful!!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love these dresses, Cindy! So creative and the colors are wonderful!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

What fond memories you have of your childhood, Cindy. Your fashionesta mom gets kudos for giving you a terrific take on style. Love your presentation for this theme. Hugs, Gayle.

Lori Saul said...

So beautifully creative and looks like so much fun- a perfect mixed media project Cindy!

Nan said...

Hi Cindy! I think we are both stuck on the dresses right now but I can't believe you caught up so fast! This one is wonderful. I love the story too. My mom was such a fashionista and had many fashion rules too. I may make a black summmer dress and a white winter dress LOL! I love all the catch up dresses too. Have you done your cabinet yet?

Kristin said...

Oh Cindy! This is beautiful! I love all of your dresses and this pink one is so elegant! Go MOM too for all of her fashion sense, Kristin xo

Rosie said...

You do make such divinely pretty dresses Cindy... and I can believe that about your Mom - mine was very similar!!

Jenny said...

Oh I love that story about your mom Cindy and I love your beautiful dress...

Jenny x

My Creative House said...

What a great story about your mom Cindy, and your dress is lovely and very creative made. Have a nice week dear
Hugs Anni

Kathy Mccullen said...

Cindi, I'm obviously not one of those "less is more" girls. I'm more of the "too much is never enough" school. I absolutley LOVE your new dress, especially the color and material, and I also realllly like the graphic flourishes in the composition. You have a very unique talent!

Margaret said...

So funny about your Mum Cindy! Lovely dresses and they look fab on your sidebar. My fav has to be this month, very pretty and feminine! Margaret

joanna said...

Hi Cindy!! Love the story about your mom and your art piece is sooo pretty! love the tulle!
xoxo

WrightStuff said...

I wonder what happened to all those flowers! Great piece to remind you of your childhood!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Just a wonderful dress.

Petunia said...

Hi Cindy! Love your sweet and story and love seeing this sweet pink dress again!

Petunia said...

oops...sorry about the extra 'and'. I meant
sweet story' :)

Kris Dickinson said...

A beautiful dress! Your story is lovely too.

BadPenny said...

pink & black - perfect. Sounds like you had fun making this lovely dress.

Joanie Hoffman said...

Very clever, combining two challenges! I am partial to pink, it's lovely.

Sherry said...

You've created a very stylish dress indeed - your dear mum must approve of this one x

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Love your pink dress Cindy, great story about your mum!! You obviously took her fashion advice because this one is beautiful!
Just seen all you other dresses in the sidebar, they are all fab, but I particulary like July's paris dress!!

Jan x

Carol said...

Hi Cindy
Thanks for your visit! I've enjoyed having a look around your lovely blog - and the Dress Up pieces are great fun. I wonder do they welcome digital entries??
juno
xx
Juno's Place
Cards by Carol

Diane said...

Lovely, Cindy! Diane