My Wonderful Visitors

.

For free BLOGGING SEMINARS AND TUTORIALS, click the tabs below. I am sorry, but I am not available for personal blogging questions as I am writing full-time and my work takes precedence.

.

.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

It Feels Like an Art Party at My House!



Hi Everyone--
This week was indeed, a week of "Surprises!"
I received this beautiful altered art piece by Marfi of Incipient Wings--I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened the box that had been left by the postman on my doorstep. This large piece with rose petal trim stands over a foot tall! It is titled "Sugar Sugarplum Hat!" How adorable is that? Marfi is an awesome friend and talented artist and I was so excited to receive one of her one-of-a-kind pieces of mixed media art. Every time I see it, I think of the song, "Let's Get This Party Started" and it brings joy to my heart!



Then, my precious friend Roselle of Seaside Rose Creations sent me a package filled with creative surprises...Vintage book pages, sheet music, lace, and all the imaginings that an artist revels in when working in Mixed Media--I was in "Creative Heaven" when this arrived!

Thank you, Marfi and Roselle for your amazing generosity, talent, and love. You make the world a better place by your kind spirits and beautiful hearts.

If you would like to see pure whimsy, I'd encourage you to take a look at their blogs...They are just the BEST!

Hugs to you all and hope you're having a great weekend!!!

6 comments:

Netty said...

What fabulous surprises Cindy. Will we get to see a picture of you that fab hat....I do hope so.. Have a great weekend, Annette x

Nancy said...

That Sugarplum hat is too Sweet! And I know you will put all those fantastic art goodies to great use! I now have that song stuck in my head, lol. Have A Great Night!
xo Nancy

Donnie said...

Those are great surprises for a special person. You have some talented friends. I'll be sure to visit them. take care.

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

Cute stuff!!! I need to learn how to do these. I can see places in my house that need these.

Unknown said...

Dear Cindy....You are a blessed treasure and I'm glad to have found you in blogland :)

I am honored that you have asked me to be a guest artist on your other blog...what do I have to do?

xo
Roselle

kelvin s.m. said...

...wonderful creations my friend... and a very pleasant surprises... thank you for your very kind words on my page... very much appreciated!!!:)

Have a Blessed Sunday!!!:)

>Kelvin