My Wonderful Visitors

.

For free BLOGGING SEMINARS AND TUTORIALS, click the tabs below. I am sorry, but I am not available for personal blogging questions as I am writing full-time and my work takes precedence.

.

.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Very Special Interview--At Last!

Hi Everyone~

As many of you know, I adore Creating Vintage Charm magazine. Their latest issue, a Special Edition with a Marie Antoinette theme was just published. I was fortunate to be able to interview the magazine’s Editor-in-Chief, Sonia Crouse who is such an inspiration. Sonia really has truly captured the “pulse” of the art/decorating world. That is evident throughout the pages of the magazine, not only in photographs, but also through insightful articles on topics that range from home decor to repurposing to mixed media and altered art--all the things that make our hearts go “pitter-patter!”



I asked Sonia why she wanted to create a special issue about Marie Antoinette. She said, “I am born and raised in Europe and my mom decorated our home with lovely Rococo style furniture, and Rococo and Baroque era prints which hung all over the house," she said. "For some reason, every household in Malta had their prints of Pinky and the Blue boy or lovely Rococo era couples. My mom even had her tea set with pretty French scroll designs and a romantic 17th century couple."


"The movie Marie Antoinette that premiered in 2006 brought a wave of memories of my childhood home and inspired me to create art and designs with Queen Marie, who is pretty much an icon of the Rococo era. Maybe not as much then as she is now. I also have connected with many other Marie enthusiasts and was also a member of the Marie Antoinette Mail Art group."



Sonia's Mantel

"Apart from publishing Creating Vintage Charm magazine, which is a more general/seasonal themed magazine, I just HAD to dedicate an issue to Marie inspired artwork. It is just so exquisite, rich and beautiful and all put together it made a one very beautiful magazine that I hope everyone will cherish and enjoy," Sonia said.



Inside Sonia's Home

In addition, I asked Sonia what it was like for her to meet so many talented people while working on the pages of the publication. “It is a blessing and very amazing experience to meet and learn about artists and crafters worldwide--to learn about how and what inspires them and what, if any particular reason or event got them started to follow their dream,” said Sonia.


Wall-hanging in Sonia's home

“The talent and inspiration and the beautiful artwork I see; I love the artists' enthusiasm for creating and not to mention how pleasant it is to connect and communicate with them. It's like making friends and more friends every time. Above all it is very rewarding to me when I bring recognition to their work they so much deserve.”


A Special Piece of Art

Because Creating Vintage Charm has such a profound impact on art and decor, I was interested to know about Sonia’s personal style. “Honestly, looking at all possibilities and styles, makes me want it all,” she said. “I like the English country bright colors, the French scrolls and romantic style, the Swedish Gustavian style and I can appreciate all. I am enjoying so much the shabby, distressed and vintage patina with a touch of pink and aqua. I look for old and worn furniture to re-purpose and redo and hunt for the special little antique treasures. I think that pastels and whites make for much brighter and cheery home. I love white linens and lace. And antiques with a European style and designs remind me of my childhood home and heritage. I live in the U.S., but everyone who steps in my home remarks about the European feel it has.”


European Plates from Sonia's mother adorn her walls

If you have not read it already, I am certain that this is a publication that will be so treasured--one that you will come back to time and again for ideas and inspiration.


To see the magazine’s webpage or to order a copy, just go to: Creating Vintage Charm



XO

Cindy


30 comments:

Ivy and Elephants said...

Cindy, thanks so much for visiting our blog. We just got started and your comments mean so much. I also LOVE Vintage Charm Magazine and can't wait to get the latest edition! I'm checking out your blog and am inspired, we'll be following you! Thanks again, Patricia.

Tammy said...

What a wonderful write up....I am going to have to check into that magazine. I am hoping you are having a wonderful start to Summer.
I've been a bad blogger but stopped by to say "hi".
Have a terrific week!
smiles...Tammy

La said...

Fantastic interview, Cindy!

Suz said...

Very interesting, Cindy. All new to me! I will be sure and check it out!
Hugs,
Suz

Daniella said...

Outstanding interview!!! I loved hearing all about her! Her style, her magazine, and really, what makes her tick!! Awesome work Cindy! very well done!
xxDaniella

Cameron said...

This interview was so interesting...such a different style than mine, and yet, I felt immediately drawn to the prettiness she described and saw in the photos!

Thank you for sharing this with us :)

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

Sonia is an amazing artist that inspires me so much. What a lovely feature.

Creative Grammie said...

Hi Cindy,
Great interview! I am a fan of Sonia's 'Vintage Charm' magazine, so your interview is such a treat. Though I'm not a true fan of Marie, I do like vintage so this special edition was a definite buy for me. TFS and warm hugs your way.

Dorthe said...

Dear Cindy, a lovely interview, thank you dear for letting us know a bit more from Sonia`s life- and her beautiful home.
I already have bought two of her beautiful mags.
Hugs,Dorthe

Unknown said...

Such an interesting interview Cindy, really enjoyed reading it!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Congrats on this interview! Valerie

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Cindy
Congratulations on this interview.
I so wish I lived in America (as much as I love Scotland!). You have access to the most amazing publications and art.
Wishes and Thanks
Lynne

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Wonderful interview, Cindy! I enjoyed find out more about Sonia and her background!

cheryl said...

oh this is one brilliant interview hun so interesting hugs cheryl xxx

Miss Val's Creations said...

Wonderful interview! This must be her dream job based on her loves and upbringing! The Marie Antoinette style/era was so amazing. ~Val

Terry said...

Hi Cindy! This is such a beautiful interview, but that is not surprising! Have a wonderful week!

rosierre leka mercieca said...

Sonia is a unique inspirational Artist. Her delicacy, dedication handwoven with strong motivation in her work brought back not only sweet Maltese memories to my distant soul from the Island but as she said in her Interview, for all crafters and artists worldwide, there is always a particular reason that motivates us to follow our dream. Thank you Sonia.

Hearts Turned said...

Wonderful interview with Sonia, Cindy! She truly is a woman with vision and talent--love her beautiful publications!

Hope you're having a fabulous start to your week, dear friend!

Julie

Lululiz said...

Great interview, Cindy, it was so interesting to read about her.

Netty said...

Gorgeous work, so lovely to see it. Annette x

Zoechaos said...

Such a lovely inspiring lady wonderful interview. You must have had a great time meeting and chatting with this charming lady thank you and congratulations. XOXO Zoe

Jo said...

Cindy, i really enjoyed this interview ... I must check out that magazine, it looks so delicious!!!

Vicki said...

Great job, Cindy. I really wasn't familiar with Sonia. This was a great way to meet her and find out what has influenced her style.

Donna said...

What a great interview, Cindy! Sonia's home is just gorgeous, and it looks like a wonderful magazine, too! Oooh, la, la!!!

Screaming Sardine said...

What a very interesting and informative interview, Cindy. Thank Sonia for us!

I'll have to check out her magazine. The pictures you have in your interview are lovely and definitely have me curious to find out more.

Cheers,
Tracy Screaming Sardine

1CardCreator said...

Wonderful interview Cindy!

Holly said...

Hi Cindy~
Just dropping by to say hello. Love your articles (again) =0) this week. I really like this one because I like her magazine. I am inspired once again!
blessings dear one!

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Wonderful interview!!!! Thanks for sharing it with us all!!!

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Hi Cindy! Just catching up on a few past posts today and so glad I stopped by. Such a lovely lady and a wonderful interview!!! Thanks for sharing.

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

sjmcdowell said...

Cindy,

I really enjoyed reading your interview with Sonia.
I must say Sonia is a very interesting woman indeed. I loved reading Sonia's description of the home she grew up in and the way her mother used her decorating techniques to create such a beautiful place to live.
It is no wonder Sonia is where she is today as Editor-in-Chief of Creating Vintage Charm.

Cindy I applaud you and the beauty and inspiration you bring to us All! Thank you!!!

Blessings Always,

Susan
xxoo