My Wonderful Visitors

.

For free BLOGGING SEMINARS AND TUTORIALS, click the tabs below. I am sorry, but I am not available for personal blogging questions as I am writing full-time and my work takes precedence.

.

.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

V is for Victorious


Hi Everyone--
My post for Alphabet Thursday is a serious one this week.

There is a blogger named Betty at Daydreamnworld.blogspot.com.
No, I don't know her, but I read about her yesterday on Jenny
Matlock's blog.

Betty's son, Reid is very ill and facing a serious surgery and
we bloggers are being asked to send cards to the hospital to
cheer him up...I read about Reid yesterday and mailed
a special tag I made for him today.

If you would like to mail Reid a card, it would be very appreciated.
Here is his info.

Reid Martin

c/o MD Anderson Cancer Center

Room 1741

1515 Holcombe Boulevard

Houston, TX 77030


Why did I say that "'V' is for 'victorious?'" Because I hope that Reid will be victorious over this illness and come through this ordeal with restored health.


If you would like to see a picture of Reid and read about the story of this young man, you can visit his mom's blog.


Thanks so much!



Linking this to: Alphabet Thursday


19 comments:

Yvette said...

Thank you for sharing. I'll be including Reid in my prayers.

Donnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donnie said...

Your post about Reid is beautiful Cindy and I hope it brings many prayers and cards to him. I mailed mine and I feel in my heart he will be Victorious.

Hearts Turned said...

What a sweet thing to have done, Cindy...just fits so perfectly with the mention I made of you in my post today...so very you.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention...

Hope your day is wonderful, my friend!

Julie

Amanda Lee said...

Cindy, this is so sweet of you! I'm sure Reid and his family will love all the cards he will get! They will be in my prayers!
~Amanda

Jo said...

Beautiful post Cindy ...

Suz said...

I will go and visit, Cindy. MD Anderson is the other hospital we were considering for Jud and is a very good place. I am anxious to see Reid's picture and make a tag or card!
I like "Victorious"!
Hugs,
Suz

Wanda Metcalf said...

Thanks for sharing this. Yes I will make and send a card right away. Gee I wish I still lived in Houston I would go for a visit. If there are any bloggers that can His parents could use a basket of goodies while sitting at the hospital. We have been through a lot of hospital stays and know that vending machines and fast food sure add up!

Praying for a Victorious healing

Anonymous said...

I wrote down the address, I'm sending card also, thanks for sharing and it is my prayer also for the cure for cancer.I posted on my blog LazyonLoblolly,my word is VANQUISH(defeat cancer).
Hope you'll visit.{I'm visiting from Jenny Matlock-Alphabe Thursday.
~Jo
LazyonLoblolly

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

Prayers going out for him and his Mom...

La said...

You are so sweet, Cindy.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

thoughtful..

bless you.

jen said...

Thanks. I hadn't found that post yet. I'll get to it.

Susan Anderson said...

I sent one yesterday. Thanks for spreading the word.

=)

PS. I'm pretty late for Alphabe-Thursday this week, so here's my link:
Vistas

tracy said...

This is wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing.

City Share said...

It's so nice of you to help spread the word.

Jenny said...

Oh cindy, you just made me cry.

Thank you for spreading the word of this. I had an e-mail from Betty saying how weak Reid is and how he opens a card when he has the strength and energy and each one makes him feel better.

Generosity of spirit like this really makes me feel our world has a chance.

And I feel so blessed that you shared this here.

Thank you.

Hugs and hugs and hugs and...

A+

Jenny said...

The cap locks on my computer is being difficult. I'm so sorry I didn't capitalize your name in my first comment.

Vicki/Jake said...

Cancer really sucks....
Prayers to all involved.